At Gist, it is our people that make the difference. To ensure we recruit, develop and retain the best people in the industry, we focus on creating a safe environment, promoting an involved environment and developing our people.
- - A network-wide safety programme, with safety training prioritised
- - Developed an employee engagement programme called 'Involve'
- - A regular all-employee satisfaction survey
- - A modular leadership development training programme for all managers
- - Graduate, Industrial Placement and Apprenticeship programmes
- - Ongoing development and succession planning to identify an individual's potential and development needs
- - Trained all eligible employees to receive national vocational qualifications
- - Our industry-leading safety performance typifies our commitment to safety
- - Monthly People Panels at all sites identify training and development needs and create succession plans
- - We proactively collect employee feedback at every site through individual action plans, "You Said, We Did" boards and one-on-one conversations regarding employee involvement
- - We have trained every Gist manager in coaching and leadership skills